Friday, June 18, 2010

2 days til take-off...

With only two days left before i leave, i am feeling a lot of things. I have a ton of things to do before i go, and i don't feel quite ready for it, but i am so excited to go that none of that seems to matter. I have been waiting for saturday to come since before Christmas break, and now that it is almost here, this is a little glimpse into how i am feeling:

Nervous - it's always nerve-wracking when you get streched out of your comfort zone. Sri lanka is more than 9,000 miles away from my comfort zone... you can imagine how nervous that would make a person.

Excited - i know God is going to do BIG things this next month, and i am excited to be used by him and to see those things revealed!

Stressed - i have a lot to do before i go... a to-do list that just keeps getting longer. I feel like i am forgetting everything too.......

In pain - for some reason my hip has been hurting really badly for the past 2 days, and i have no idea why. Spiritual warfare? stupidity on my part? a combo of my job + running 20 miles a week + having a bad back that effects the nerves in my hip? I don't know, but it just keeps getting worse. I am limping around everywhere. It really is no fun. Having to pack and work (yeah,... i am still scheduled to work as a server tomorrow night... how is this gonna happen?) and shop and do laundry and pack more and clean and even think is not fun when every little movement hurts. I am really praying that it feels better before i have to get on that plane headed towards hong kong... God can work miracles! I hope he does...

Disbelief - i really can't believe the trip is 2 days away. Really? this is so crazy...

Unsure - am i packing too much? too little? is my luggage under the weight limit? am i gonna be able to limp around the airport alright? am i bringing enough stuff to last me a month (i.e. shampoo)? how hot is it gonna be there? Will i get really sick like i keep hearing people did on last year's trip? Will i die from boredom/exhaustion on the 2 day plane flight to sri lanka? am i gonna be ready in time? will i be able to find covers for my job this weekend?...

Trust - amidst the uncertainty, though, i have complete trust in God. I am so excited to be used by Him! The uncertainty only fuels that trust in God, because when i can't be in control, it really is easiest to trust God to take the reigns. I'm trusting you Jesus.... lead me and use me for your glory!

5 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL message Jess, your heart is EXACTLY in the right place with all the things you wrote about, even the hard ones. i am interceding for you and your team. i love you and I am so proud of you. All glory to the AWESOME KING, His kingdom come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a BEAUTIFUL message Jess, your heart is EXACTLY in the right place with all the things you wrote about, even the hard ones. i am interceding for you and your team. i love you and I am so proud of you. All glory to the AWESOME KING, His kingdom come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jessica! I'm praying that God will do an amazing work through you and in you in Sri Lanka! You're obedience to his calling is an inspiration to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for your group's safety, health and boldness in spreading God's love. You are such a bright blessing to everyone you come in contact with and I am so honored to have you as one of my closest friends. Thank you for your willing heart to go wherever He leads you. Can't wait to spend time with you when you get back and share about both our missions trips. Expect God to do big things through you, you are an amazing tool for Him. I LOVE you Hessi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess you are so awesome and you are right where God wants you to be. Keep posting when you can, it's an encouragement to me and your Mom. We will keep praying. Beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news! Love You! Dad

    ReplyDelete